I’m determined to use my pressure cooker more this year, because it just makes sense. Last night I had this delicious supper done with little effort, or clean up. There’s not much liquid in this version, so if you want liquid, add a cup of water or stock. And, of course, you could make it in a slow cooker, or on top of the stove.
- 2-3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground meat ( I used 1 lb each of beef, deer, and pork)
- 1 (12 oz) bottle beer (ale is delicious)
- 2 cups picante
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 chipotle pepper, seeds removed, chopped and a little of the adobo sauce
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1 tsp granulated onion powder
- In a large skillet, heat oil, brown meat (you may have to do it in batches). I used a pressure cooker, so at this point I placed meat in the pressure cooker, but you could use a slow cooker.
- Deglaze skillet with beer, and add it to the meat.
- Stir the rest of the ingredients in, place the pressure cooker on medium heat. Place the top on the pressure cooker.
- When the cooker reaches temperature, lower heat just to maintain cooking, and time for 25 minutes.
- Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, onions, beans, cornbread……..