This year I want some different and interesting sides for the holidays. For a quick and scrumptious side, this is it, and you’ll look like the most awesome cook.
- 2-3 TBSP butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 12 oz frozen peas
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup roasted and peeled chestnuts*, chopped (or use crushed cashews)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Basil leaves, torn
- Melt butter in a medium skillet.
- Add onion and bacon. Cook until onions are almost translucent.
- Add peas, lower heat, and cover pan.
- When peas have defrosted add garlic, chestnuts, salt, and pepper. Raise heat slightly and cook for a minute or two.
- Add broth and cook until the broth is almost evaporated.
- Remove from heat and toss with torn basil.
- *Roasted and peeled chestnuts are available at large grocers or at specialty stores in jars or packages.