Hope your holidays are special, whether you’re with family and friends, celebrating memories, or breaking new ground on your own. There’s been great energy this week with everyone bustling around – especially in my favorite place, the grocery store!
I was the fortunate recipient of some “lovely” pears, this week. They are a little too ripe, so I can’t make some of my usual recipes, but they’re perfect for a great holiday bread. I can smell it baking, as I’m writing this, and I’m already looking forward to a piece, smeared with Kerrygold butter (the king of butters!). For me, moist breads like this one, Zucchini Bread, and Banana Bread, are special breakfast treats during the holidays.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups cored pears, pureed
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup oil (I used walnut and coconut oils)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 325.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar, and beat well. Beat in pureed pears, vanilla, and oil. Stir in pecans. Pour into dry ingredients, and stir until just moistened.
- Place batter into 2 greased 8x5x3 loaf pans (or baking pan(s) of your choice).
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until center is just set. Cool on wire rack before removing from pans.