I was researching no bake peanut butter balls for my niece, and I ran across a good looking recipe in a 1963 cookbook from the Oklahoma Peanut Council. I’ve made some changes and additions, and they turned out fabulously. They’re a great holiday treat.
Peanut Butter Balls, No Bake
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 lb butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, or whole milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups quick cook oats
- 1/2 cup peanuts, crushed slightly
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a medium saucepan, place sugar, butter, cocoa, and milk. Bring to a boil, make sure everything is dissolved, and boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in peanut butter, just to soften and start breaking up.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, peanuts, coconut, and salt.
- Pour cocoa mixture over dry ingredients and mix well. Let sit until you can work with your hands. Form small balls and place onto greased cookie sheet, parchment, or silicone sheet. Wait until they are cooled, and set completely, to serve.