Peach Sorbet is our favorite treat for summer, this year. It’s scrumptious, creamy, and pleasantly chilling! I use fresh peaches, but frozen peaches work really well.
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla, Butter, and Nut flavor* or just vanilla
- 1 lb peaches or fruit of your choice
- Pinch salt
- To make simple syrup, combine sugar and water in a small pan. Heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and add flavoring. Refrigerate until cold.
- Place peaches and salt in a blender. Puree peaches, add simple syrup, blend together. Place mixture in fridge until thoroughly chilled.
- Place in 1.5 quart ice-cream maker. Turn on and in about 1/2 hour have a creamy sorbet. There are a couple kinds of small ice-cream makers, one is electric, and the other is Donvier (hand crank). The hand crank, only requires that you turn the handle every few minutes.
- *combine equal parts vanilla, butter flavor, and almond flavor to make Vanilla, Butter and Nut flavor