The spring harvest is so great, I just had to make this pasta. If you don’t have the amount of spinach or asparagus I used, then use less. If you want different veggies, use them.
Pasta with Shrimp and Spring Veggies
- 2 TBSP butter
- 3-4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2-1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced fresh asparagus
- 6-8 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 jar (15 oz) HEB Queso Fredo (or alfredo of your choice)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 lbs cleaned raw shrimp
- Salt and pepper
- 1TBSP granulated garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1lb pasta cooked, 1-2 minutes less than directions on pkg
- Grated Parmesan
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet. When bubbly, add mushrooms and asparagus. Cook until mushrooms are done.
- Stir in spinach, and continue stirring until spinach wilts down.
- Add alfredo sauce. Use cream and / or broth to rinse the inside of the jar, and pour it all in the pan. Stir well.
- Add shrimp. Cook and stir until shrimp is almost cooked.
- Stir in cilantro and seasonings.
- Stir in pasta, and cook with sauce until pasta is just done.
- Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Top with grated Parmesan.
- Cooked and crumbled bacon would be a good addition.