If you bought the fajita marinated chicken breasts this week, and you have leftovers or just want to make something a little different with them, you’ll love Pasta with Chicken and Cream. This dish helps me get back to the way my family ate, long before I was a part of it, with meat as sort of a condiment instead of a main course.
Pasta with Chicken and Cream
- 4-6 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 2 full chicken breasts (4 halves), sliced into strips
- 1/2 lb wholewheat rigatoni*
- Extra virgin olive oil and butter for skillet
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Mix oil with Dijon and garlic powder. Add chicken and marinate 1 hour. If you use fajita marinated chicken breasts, omit this step.
- Cook pasta according to package directions less at least 2 minutes. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken. When the chicken is almost done, add garlic.
- Then add tomatoes, cream, and seasoning. Let simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to low, add pasta, and toss to coat. Let heat thoroughly.
- Use reserved pasta liquid if sauce is too thick.
- Note:*use any pasta you prefer