Now I know these aren’t Toasted Cheese Breadsticks, but for a lower calorie, good substitute, I think you’ll like these.
- Squash, small so the seed pocket is small, cut into spears
- Butter, melted
- Grated parmesan
- Heat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Dip squash spears in butter, and let excess drain.
- Roll spears in parmesan and lay on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle spears with pepper.
- Bake about 10-15 minutes.
- As soon as you remove from the oven, sprinkle with salt or use Tony Chachere for spicy spears!
- Note: I don't salt them before I bake, because it will cause the squash to weep. And who wants sad squash.