We ended up with another big bunch of asparagus from the garden, and it just so happens that I had another recipe that I wanted to try.
I’m sure I go through more Dijon mustard than the average person, but it seems to work well with so many things. It helps make this recipe really delicious.
Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Bunch of fresh asparagus
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Granulated garlic powder
- Ground black pepper
- Tony Chachere original seasoning
- Grated Parmesan
- Peel stalks of asparagus, if tough (with potato peeler). Cut into pieces. I usually make diagonal cuts.
- Place them in a bowl and toss with the next 5 ingredients. Use the proportions that you like. I usually use a couple tablespoons of dijon, and I'm heavy handed with garlic.
- Let mixture sit for a half hour, if you have time.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Place asparagus in baking dish. Sprinkle generously with parmesan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until it's done enough for you. Baking times will depend on the size of the pieces and how stacked together they are. I used a smaller baking pan and they were about an inch deep.