This is my father-in-law’s recipe, and it’s always a hit. He has, in the past, left ingredients out of his recipes when he gives them to us, but I’ve already checked this one out! Now I know it’s an oven recipe, and this isn’t really the time for baking, so try it in the slow cooker. It works great, you just have to watch the liquid level, and make sure it doesn’t dry out.
- As much beef as it takes to feed your crew! You can use country style boneless beef ribs, round steak, or sirloin
- 2-3 TBSP canola oil
- Granulated garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Beef broth
- Heat the oven to 225° (or get the slow cooker ready).
- Cut the beef into portion size pieces.
- Heat oil in a large pan (oven-proof if you have it) on medium high.
- Sprinkle the beef pieces with salt and pepper and granulated garlic.
- Dredge in flour.
- Sear on both sides until nicely browned.
- Place in oven-proof pan.
- Pour in about 1/4" of beef broth.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake about 4 hours or until very tender (slow cooker will take 3-3 1/2 hours on high)
- Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans