So I was thinking, what’s a new way to make okra and tomatoes. You could call this a pie or a savory cheesecake, but ever you call it, it’s delish. Use it as a side, an appetizer, or a main dish. I’m sure you’re not surprised that I’d find another use for the Moroccan Tomato Jam, but if you don’t feel like making it, you could certainly eat it plain or use a (store bought) tomato pesto to top it.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup Hatch Green Chile Tortilla Chips
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 - 2 tsp Tony Chachere original seasoning
- 1 - 2 tsp Emeril's Essence
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 lbs okra, very thinly sliced (I used the processor)
- Moroccan Tomato Jam
- Heat oven to 350.
- Process together Parmesan and tortillas until fine crumbs form. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch greased springform pan or pie plate.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, paprika, Chachere, and Essence, until smooth. Then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. Beat in the yogurt. Stir in okra. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake until firm, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Remove ring, if you used a springform pan.
- Top with a thin layer of Tomato Jam.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Note: If you want to saute the sliced okra with some spice, then cool it, and add it to the cream cheese mixture, it would be great.