I had to come up with a really good, fast dessert the other day (I forgot a birthday). Finally, I remembered the Nutella Crustella that I used to do for cooking classes. It is always a big hit, delicious and simple!
- 2 pie crusts
- Softened butter
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Heat oven to 400.
- Lay pie crusts flat on greased cookie sheets or parchment covered cookie sheets.
- On one of the pie crusts, smear the top with softened butter and sprinkle heavily with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool slightly.
- Place the plain crust on a flat plate or cutting board. Smear with Nutella®.
- Place the crust with cinnamon and sugar on top (cinnamon and sugar side up).
- Note: The filling you use depends on your imagination, but as many as I've tried, this is still a favorite.