I’m on a mission to clean out the freezer, and I found a package of cactus from the spring harvest. Cactus is one of my favorites that could only be made better by the addition of bacon! Whatever is leftover from this recipe, I’m turning into nopalitos with potato and egg.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Bacon diced, or use ham
- Pre-cooked potatoes, diced (optional)
- All purpose seasoning
- Granulated garlic powder
- Drizzle of honey
- Prepare cactus as for Nopalitos Frittata.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add bacon and cook until crisp.
- Stir in nopalitos, and the rest of the ingredients.
- Continue cooking until most of the moisture is gone.