Cocoa Nuts Cookies are the perfect summer treat, because they’re simple, yummy, no bake bites. When I make these, I only make 12. Even though they’re delicious AND good for you, the more I have available, the more I think I can eat! I call it fat math – the less I have, the less I eat. If you’ve got the ingredients, and 15 minutes, you’ve got cookies. So, it’s a great project for the kids. If you just can’t stand coconut, you can substitute extra nuts in the mix and the coating (but I put coconut in mine). I haven’t tried these with dried apricots or dried figs instead of dates, but how could that be bad?!
No Bake Cocoa Nuts Cookies
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw cashews or nut of your choice
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, almond butter (you see where I'm going with this!)
- 2 TBSP unsweetened coconut (or extra nuts)
- 2 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Extra crushed nuts, coconut, cocoa powder, or shaved dark chocolate
- Place all cookie ingredients into food processor. Process until thoroughly mixed and ingredients come together as a dough.
- Roll into cookie balls a little over an inch in diameter.
- Pick your coating, and roll each cookie in it, to coat the outside.
- Keep in a covered dish in fridge.