If you love nachos, like I do, you’re gonna love this recipe. I could easily eat the whole pan. I altered Kathy’s recipe for Pepper Poppers a little, and came up with an incredible recipe, to help use up all the jalapeños my father-in-law just gave me!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup grated colby or cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup cooked beef taco meat
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp granulated onion powder, or 2 TBSP minced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 lb jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Heat oven to 400.
- Mix first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Fold in crushed chips.
- Spoon the mixture into each pepper half, heaping it up slightly.
- Place pepper halves, cheese side up, on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Other additions, if the taco meat isn't spiced enough: garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- I think I need to make 2 lbs of peppers, the next time I make them!