Four ingredients, one great pie. Typically, if I make a lemon pie, I’ll be the only one eating it. So, in an attempt to change Don’s palate, I thought lemons from our luscious Meyer Lemon tree and some cream, might be the ticket. Then, I used mashed Larabars to make the crust. Voila, a delicious Meyer Lemon Cream Pie (Gluten Free) that Don loves. My next Meyer Lemon recipe will undoubtedly be Lemon Sorbet.
Meyer Lemon Cream Pie (Gluten Free)
- 3 Larabars*
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Meyer Lemon juice
- Whipped cream
- Press Larabars into the bottom of the pie pan.
- Heat oven to 325, and grease an 8" pie pan.
- Beat egg yolks in medium bowl with electric mixer.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. Mix well, and pour into crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until set. Remove from oven. Cool.
- Chill at least 3 hrs in fridge before serving.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.
- *other crust options: process pecans (or nut of choice), process pecans and dates together, processed gluten free granola bars