Sometimes I forget about making salads with leftover fish. I love tuna fish or seafood salads, and this is similar. This was the recipe for leftovers from Pesto Fish Tacos (or chicken or shrimp, if that’s what you used). I also used up some vegetables from our garden. And of course, I used Sunshine’s goat cheese (click here, for info). It’s a perfectly delicious summer salad. There are a lot of substitutions and additions you could make to the recipe, in addition to using mayonnaise for a dressing.
Mexican Fish Salad (Cooking for One)
- 1 cup leftover pesto fish, chicken, or shrimp
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped cooked gold beets (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pickled banana pepper rings
- 10 green olives, halved
- Chopped red or green onion (optional)
- 2 TBSP (Mexican or Italian) goat cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Red wine vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with vinegar, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss together, and set the table.