I can’t believe I haven’t mentioned the rain. Hope you guys got as much as we did, just under 4 inches. It was very wonderful. My little garden seedlings are just loving this.
This is better than a picture of food, this is my neighbors’ bougainvillea. It is one of the most fabulous plants I’ve seen. These are my neighbors that dog sit for me. That’s right, I can’t bear to leave my dog home alone!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup frozen corn, cooked and cooled
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine black beans, rice, corn, pepper, cilantro. Gently toss with dressing.
- Serve on bed of baby spinach or salad greens.
- Other additions: smoked paprika, hot sauce or chopped jalapenos, chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, chunks of avocado, or chunks of tuna