I got some great fish on my last trip to Sprouts, and decided to bake it and serve it on rice pasta. If it looks delicious, it’s because it was!
- Firm fish fillets (or chicken breast, pounded flat)
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Granulated garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Mayonnaise, I used homemade Mayonnaise
- Shaved or grated aged cheese, like Parmesan, asiago, cotija, sharp cheddar
- Heat oven to 400°
- Pat fish dry and lay in greased baking pan. If it has any odor, sprinkle it with freshly squeezed lemon juice. I used corvina fish, but fish like salmon, mahi mahi, sea bass, or halibut would all be delicious fixed this way.
- Sprinkle on garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Smear the fillet well with mayo. Sprinkle cheese over the top. I used shaved aged cheddar.
- Bake about 20 minutes. Time will be determined by the thickness of the fish. If the mayo starts to get too brown, cover the baking dish.