My brother came to help me cook for a few days at the lodge. One evening, he made these scrumptious shrimp as an appetizer. We decided it would be a good dinner, at home, this weekend.
- 1 lb cleaned raw shrimp (about 21-25 count)
- Grapeseed oil (any good quality, flavorless oil)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup reposado tequila
- 1 large lime
- Kosher salt
- If shrimp are a little fishy, squeeze lemon juice over them, and let sit a few minutes. Drain and pat dry. Leave in fridge until ready to cook.
- Coat the bottom of a pan with a little oil.
- Cook onions until translucent.
- Raise heat to medium high, and add shrimp in a single layer. Cook until opaque.
- Stir in tequila. Reduce for 2 minutes.
- Squeeze lime over shrimp, and mix well.
- Remove from pan, sprinkle with kosher salt, and serve.