Really, most dishes in our house are “du jour” – you might see them again, and you might not! This macaroni salad is a delicious summer dish, so it will probably happen again. To make it more of a meal, you could add diced ham, bacon, and / or cheese, but it’s so good like it is – no need to.
- 13-16 oz elbow macaroni, cooked (I used wholewheat)
- 6 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Spanish olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced onion (I used marinated red onion)
- 4 oz jar of diced pimentos, drained
- 1 ear of corn, kernels removed (I used this because I had a leftover ear)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1 TBSP mustard
- 1 TBSP cream
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- In a large bowl, toss all the salad ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad ingredients, and mix well. I didn't need to add sugar, because I used some sweet ingredients.
- Note: I actually added the dressing to the macaroni, when it was warm, so the macaroni would absorb some of it. Then I added the other ingredients, as I got them prepared.