Skip to content
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup green or black olives
- 1 cup cooked and drained greens, chopped
- 1 cup cooked sweet potatoes, diced
- 2/3 cup crushed almonds
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked corn (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat broth to boiling, and cook lentils 30 minutes. Add quinoa, and cook another 15 minutes.
- While waiting for those to cook, in a large bowl, toss together olives, greens, potatoes, almonds, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Drain lentils and quinoa, when done cooking. Add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour on balsamic and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss well, garnish with corn, and serve warm or refrigerated.