Don’t let leftovers make you crazy this holiday season, try this super quick and simple way to make a scrumptious meal. With some of the leftover turkey, steak, and mashed potatoes, I made a couple small open-face sandwiches. Eat this alone, so you can lick the plate!
Saturday is the last open house this year at Owl Creek, don’t forget to check out the baskets, and pick up great Christmas ornaments, and one-of-a-kind handmade gifts.
Lemon Caper Sauce with Leftovers (Cooking for One)
- 2-3 TBSP butter
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 3 TBSP heavy cream
- 1 TBSP capers
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 TBSP mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked turkey, chicken, steak, pork, or combo, chopped
- In a small skillet, on low heat, melt the butter and add the garlic and anchovy paste. Cook and stir a minute until you can smell the garlic.
- Stir in cream, capers, zest, and mashed potatoes.
- Add meat and heat through.
- If it's too thin, add mashed potatoes, if it's too thick, add cream.
- Serve on good artisan bread.