This recipe is very delicious using flat Italian green beans (Roma). The problem is they are hard to find, and I haven’t had any luck growing them, yet. So for now, I stop at Brookshire Brothers grocery and buy them frozen. Like with some of my recipes, you just have to season, until it’s tasty to you!
- Extra virgin olive oil (don't skimp, it's part of the flavoring)
- Italian pole (flat) green beans, frozen
- Lots of chopped garlic
- Lots of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a generous amount of oil on medium. Place the beans in the pan frozen. Cook until they start to defrost.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until some of the beans start to wilt and turn a darker green. Taste, and adjust seasoning.
- Note: Keep pan at moderate heat, or a little lower. The beans should not "fry," but cook a little slowly so they develop good flavor and the garlic does not toast.