I decided to combine a couple of our favorite sides / sauces, and add a couple more ingredients. We ended up with a scrumptious, meatless ravioli dish. If you make all the veggies the same day you serve this, it might get a little labor intensive. I prepared this over a 2 day period (not 2 full days, of course). Because the combination of textures and flavors work so well together, you’ll never miss the meat.
Ravioli with Vegetable Sauce
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Roasted tomatoes (just "sauce" not chicken)
- Sautéed eggplant
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- Cooked ravioli (I used HEB's frozen 5 cheese)
- Shaved parmesan
- Mix together mushrooms, tomatoes, eggplant, and cannellini beans.
- Mix a little of the veggie sauce with the cooked ravioli. Then top ravioli with a little more of the sauce, and shaved parmesan, if you like.
- I prepared the roasted tomatoes, and sautéed eggplant a day before I combined it with the ravioli - just reheated it.