We’re still going to some holiday get-togethers, and one of the things we brought to the last one was a hot artichoke dip. I’ve made this dip a number of times, but this time I decided to put everything in the processor, because I don’t like stringy pieces of artichoke. It turned out very delicious, but a little difficult to identify by sight. However, as soon as people realized it wasn’t hummus, it was a big hit!
- 3 (14 oz) cans artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained well, and squeezed to get excess water out*
- 2 large cloves garlic, pressed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 TBSP dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- (Hot) smoked paprika
- Tony Chachere original seasoning
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place artichokes and garlic in processor. Pulse of few times to chop artichokes.
- Add cream cheese, yogurt, and mayonnaise, and process.
- Add parm, sherry, salt, smoked paprika, and pepper. Process to combine.
- Place in buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with hot smoked paprika, if you have it, and Tony Chachere.
- Bake 15-20 min., until just heated through.
- Serve with chips or crackers. My new favorite cracker is an HEB brand (sold in a bag), feta and black olive flavor.
- *Frozen artichoke hearts work well also. Make sure you cook them according to package directions, then drain, and squeeze excess water out.