I’ve been wanting to share this recipe with you for a while, and I’m finally getting to post it. This is Dot’s favorite mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack. I know I must make these at least twice a week. The cereal is a bit of a compromise for me but as a whole, for something sweet, they have some good redeeming qualities, and they’re delicious!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Kellogg’s® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1½ TBSP buttermilk powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup honey & molasses combination (of the ½ cup about 2 TBSP should be molasses)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl combine All-Bran® and buttermilk powder. Stir in milk and let sit about 5 minutes. Add egg, honey & molasses, oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to honey mixture, and stir until just combined. Let entire mixture sit about 15 minutes.
- Makes about 9 muffins. Place in a greased muffin tin.
- Bake at 400° about 23-25 min. or until golden brown.