No one dislikes hominy more than I do, but I love it in this dish. When I run across a food I don’t really care for, I just figure I haven’t come across the right recipe yet. After you read the ingredients, you’ll know this isn’t an everyday recipe, but a great side to have when you’re tired of the same old stuff.
This is an easy and wonderful side for ham, pork, meatloaf.......
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1 can (4-7 oz) chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (28-32 oz) can hominy, drained
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup of the cheese and everything but hominy and mix well.
- Mix hominy in.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart baking dish, top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake, covered at 350° for about 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 min more or until bubbly, and cheese is melted.