Just some ideas, if you have leftovers from holiday cooking. Hover your mouse over the recipe name and click on it to go there!
For turkey or poultry:
- Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken and Dumplings
- Chicken Tetrazzini
- Pasta with Chicken and Cream
For leftover pork:
- Pork and chilies – toss chunks of pork with sliced onion, chopped cilantro, and canned diced green chilies. Season with cumin, rice vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper. Serve on lettuce or spinach and potato salad on the side.
- Pork and Beans Enchiladas
For leftover beef:
- Fried Rice – omit the chicken (obviously) and double the ginger and the garlic and add hot pepper flakes. Use Oyster Sauce instead of soy if you want a very Asian flavor. Toss the beef in at the last few seconds so it doesn’t overcook.
- Create a pizza with either a regular crust or pita bread. Saute sliced mushrooms quickly with olive oil and thinly sliced garlic. Smear the crust with sun-dried tomato pesto or olive pesto. Put mushrooms and garlic on. Add crumbled feta and/or blue cheese crumbles. Add strips of room temperature beef after the pizza comes out of the oven. Top with a little bit of baby lettuce tossed with oil and vinegar.
- Make twice-bake potatoes and add strips of room temperature beef after the potatoes come out of the oven.