What an easy and delicious appetizer for the holidays. I was preparing an appetizer tray, I decided a dip would be nice, if I could make it from what I had on-hand. So, I did my version of an old Ina Garten recipe. Since this dip was going to set out for awhile, I used a really good eggless mayonnaise, Just Mayo. If you have fresh herbs, you might want to use them, but mine are still too small to pick.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, room temperature (I used eggless, Just Mayo)
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 - 4 TBSP minced tops of green onions (just the green)
- 1 TBSP dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients well. Let set for a half hour, before serving.
- Serve at room temperature, with carrot sticks, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, and all veggies of your choice.
- If you have leftovers, use it for a spread on a ham or turkey sandwich, or thin it with buttermilk and use for salad dressing, or put dabs of it in a ham omelet - amazing!