This is one of the recipes that you decide how much you want to put in. One of my favorite things about cooking like this is – you get to add, stir, and taste, repeat!
- Celery, chopped into small pieces
- Granulated onion powder
- Granulated garlic powder
- Mustard, grainy or dijon
- Capers, drained
- Pimento stuffed olives, chopped into small pieces
- Kosher pickles, chopped into small pieces
- Smoked paprika
- Freshly ground pepper
- Little freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Grind the ham in a meat grinder or food processor.
- Place the ham in a large bowl, and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- You could leave the cloves and nutmeg out, but I wouldn't. It's such a great, warm background flavor. It makes it more of a comfort food, and will remind you of baked ham.
- Now, let your imagination take over - serve with crackers or slices of baguette, spread on bread for a sandwich (and maybe, grill it), make croquettes and fry them...........
- Add crumbled bacon, if you want a little pork on pork action.