I love a good grilled cheese sandwich, and since I missed out on the pizza snacks I made over the weekend, for the dove hunters, I treated myself to a grilled pizza sandwich. It was delicious, and will definitely be in my quick meal line-up.
I used smoked sausage slices, and sliced artisan bread. It was crusty on the outside, and soft on the inside – the best of both kinds of pizza crust.
- Slices of artisan bread
- Basil pesto
- Tomato pesto
- Sliced or shredded cheese
- Sausage, pepperoni, ham, or meat of choice
- Any veggies you want to add
- Smear one slice of bread with basil pesto, and one with tomato pesto.
- Stack meat and cheese on one slice.
- Place other slice of bread on top, and press together.
- Butter and grill, until golden.