It’s Wed. evening and I don’t know where our cold front is, but this morning I rushed out to the garden and picked most of the green tomatoes and all the green beans, so it better get here or else…(I don’t know what)! Yesterday I picked pounds of green and banana peppers. And now I guess I need to cook.
For a source for green tomatoes, click here for previous post.
- Large clove garlic, cut in half
- Green tomatoes, small wedges
- Oregano, you’ll need a fair amount
- Little basil
- Jalapeno, sliced
- Sweet banana peppers or bell pepper, thin strips
- Sun dried tomatoes, diced
- Onion, thinly sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP honey
- Fig vinegar or balsamic (about 2 TBSP)
- Salt and pepper
- Rub inside of salad bowl with garlic. If you leave the garlic in the bowl, skewer it with a toothpick, so you can get it out before serving.
- Toss together tomatoes and next 6 ingredients in the bowl.
- Drizzle everything with oil, then honey, then vinegar. Add salt and pepper and toss well.
- Set in fridge for about 1 hour before serving and toss occasionally. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.