I’ve finished cooking at the lodge for the week, and we had a few leftovers! Friday night we had girls night with a Mexican menu, so I made some spinach, beef tenderloin quesadillas with some of those leftovers. But at home we decided on mushroom and spinach enchiladas. And after tasting these, my new plan is to make a lot of cream spinach, whenever I make a big meal, so I can make enchiladas with the leftovers, because they’re awesome (and easy).
- Mission artisan corn & whole wheat tortillas
- Cream spinach
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Green enchilada sauce
- Shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place a little cream spinach and a few mushrooms in each tortilla.
- Roll into enchilada, and place seam-side down in greased baking pan.
- Top with sauce.
- Bake for about 1/2 hour, or until warmed through and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese, as soon as you remove them from oven.
- Note: The Mission corn & whole wheat tortillas are the best for this recipe, and Trader Joe's makes a good version too.