Green chile pork salad started out being a leftover pork meal, but is worth making as a first run meal. Meat salads take center stage for a number of meals at our house.
For a couple more meat salads, try: Beef Tenderloin Salad or Teriyaki Beef Salad. The dressing for pork salad pictured below, is a combination of my original recipe listed below and the dressing for the beef tenderloin salad.
- 2 pork tenderloins, roasted* and cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into large half moons
- 4-5 ounces canned chopped green chilies
- 1/23 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virginolive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients and let marinate in fridge for about 1 hour. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- For the recipe in the picture, I used pork loin chops that I had smoked.
- *To roast tenderloins: salt and pepper, heat oil in skillet, sear on all sides, place in 425 oven for about 15 min.