Since the carbonara went so well, when I replaced the cream with green chile sauce, I decided to try it with mashed potatoes. It’s a delicious and interesting way to cut calories. This will be one of my new recipes for the lodge. The guys will love them. Of course, I can see me adding a little cream cheese, when I’m cooking for the guys!
Green Chile Mashed Potatoes
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in large pieces
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 can green chile enchilada sauce (or more)
- 2 (7 oz) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Cumin (optional)
- Cooked potatoes until soft. Drain.
- Add butter and mash well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mash well. You don't have to use cumin, but I love the flavor, so I sprinkle it all over, and stir it in.