There are all kinds of ways to construct salads. For this one, I was using up vegetables, and decided on Greek flavors. Salads are great especially in the summer, everyone loves them and they’re easy. If you’re feeding one or twenty, they make your kitchen time bearable. I didn’t list any amounts on the recipe, you decide how many you’re feeding.
- Garlic clove(s)
- Lettuce (optional)
- Cucumber, sliced
- Tomatoes, quartered or if they are small, halved
- Calamata olives
- Onion, thinly sliced
- Crumbled feta
- Fresh dill, chopped
- Fresh oregano, chopped
- Fresh lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut garlic clove in half and rub inside the salad bowl with the cut side of the garlic.
- Add lettuce (if you're using), cucumber, tomatoes, and the next 5 ingredients.
- Drizzle everything with lots of lemon juice. Then drizzle all with oil. Add salt and pepper and voila, dinner!
- Note: You can substitute dried dill and oregano, I have fresh, so that's what I use. There are lots of additions you can make. I have pickled banana peppers from the garden, so I added those. Cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans) or chopped fresh mint would also be good.