This is the best weather we’ve ever had, when visiting Portland. It’s sunny and not very hot. We went to Hopworks for some organic beer and awesome pizza. Then we cooked rice pasta with langostinos and spinach. Langostinos are like baby lobster tails, and very delicious. We had leftovers of this meal, and I sautéed some good salami (bacon would also work) in butter, then added the leftover pasta with the zest of one lemon. it waa even better the second time.
Pasta with Langostinos and Spinach
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP butter
- Red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lbs of langostino meat or peeled shrimp
- 1 cup chicken broth (or combination of white wine and broth)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon zest or lemon pepper
- 6 cups cooked pasta
- 1 lb baby spinach
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet. Add red pepper and garlic. Cook for a minute.
- Add langostinos or shrimp, broth, thyme, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Cook until seafood is heated through. Add spinach and wilt slightly.
- Toss pasta with seafood and spinach.