This was a recipe I made in Portland, when I was doing some gluten free cooking. I made gravy to go with it, and it was thickened with “Cup 4 Cup.”
- 2/3 cup sweet potato flour
- 2/3 cup, less 2 TBSP Cup 4 Cup flour
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter (1 stick), cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a food processor, mix together flours, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and ground mustard.
- Place pieces of butter on dry ingredients and pulse until crumbly.
- Pulse in milk and cheese until dough starts to form. The dough should be able to be handled.
- Oil your hands slightly and form about 6-8 biscuits. Remember, I don’t roll and cut, but if you want to roll, knock yourself out.
- Place on greased cookie sheet about 2” apart.
- Bake 375° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.