Ginger Baked Pears is a quick and delicious dessert. Choose pears that are not completely ripe, still have a little firmness to them. This is definitely a perfect treat to end meal.
- 2 pears, cleaned, halved and cored
- 3/4 cup ground ginger snaps
- 5 TBSP butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a small saucepan, melt 4 TBSP butter. Mix in the ginger snaps.
- Place the pear halves, cut side up in a greased baking dish, just big enough to hold them.
- Divide the ginger snap mixture between the 4 pears, and pack the cavity where the core used to be.
- In the small saucepan, place 1 TBSP butter, honey, and orange juice. Heat until melted.
- Stir and pour over pears.
- Bake 350° for about 1/2 hour until pears are soft and slightly browned.