I don’t make a lot of fried foods, so these are a treat in our house. Don would eat these 2 or 3 times a week, if I would make them!
- 6 pork chops (no more than 1/2" thick)
- Granulated garlic powder
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Grapeseed or extra virgin olive oil
- Dry pork, then rub garlic powder and salt into each chop.
- Coat the chops with buttermilk and let sit at least 15 minutes (this tenderizes the meat).
- Wipe excess buttermilk from chops.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Press both sides of each chop into crumbs to coat well.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry chops until golden on each side. Do not overcook pork or it gets tough.