This past weekend was one of those times when I felt like a “medium” for recipes. My nephew and I decided to do some recipes with a bunch of dove breasts that I defrosted. To my surprise, the ones in the cream gravy were outstanding. They turn out tender and scrumptious, and the gravy makes you think of Thanksgiving. So jot down the gravy ingredients, and add some turkey meat, if you want great gravy for turkey. It’s easy and wonderful.
Fried Dove Breasts in Cream Gravy
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 20 or more, skinless boneless dove breasts
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 (12 oz box Pacific organic) cream of chicken soup
- 2 large jalapeños, seeded, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- Heat oil in a medium skillet.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper. Dredge dove breasts in flour and place in hot oil.
- Fry until crispy on each side.
- Deglaze pan with wine.
- Stir in cream, soup, and jalapeños.
- Simmer until breasts are very tender.
- Great alone, or served on biscuits, rice, potatoes, or polenta.