Fresh Peach Cobbler is such a perfect summer treat. I’ve done other peach cobbler/pie recipes, but I wanted something a little different, and with a little less fat!
Besides Fresh Peach Cobbler, you might want to try these other peachy recipes: Easy Peach cobbler, Peach Cobbler, or Peach Pie.
This is a half recipe, since there are only 2 of us. Double it to make a full recipe, in a 9x13 pan.
- 1-1/2 lbs peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3-4 TBSP sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup liquid from peaches
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 1 TBSP evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP sorghum syrup or Steen's cane syrup
- 2 TBSP packed brown sugar
- 1 TBSP melted butter
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place peach slices and 3-4 TBSP sugar in a bowl. Toss and let sit 1-2 hours, until liquid forms.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- After peaches have formed liquid, pour off 1/4 cup. In a small bowl, combine liquid from peaches, yolk, butter, milk, and vanilla. Blend with flour mixture. Spread in bottom of 10x6.5" pan.
- Lay peaches over dough.
- Combine topping ingredients. Drizzle over peaches.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.