If you love ginger snaps and gingerbread, this will be over the top for you. It is scrumptious and moist, and not too sweet.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 TBSP coconut flour (optional)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses (generous 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup (organic) sugar
- 2 TBSP coconut oil or butter
- 1-2 TBSP grated ginger (depends on how much you like ginger)
- 1 TBSP agave syrup or honey
- 1 TBSP molasses
- 1 TBSP water or coconut milk
- Heat oven to 400° and grease an 8x8 baking pan.
- Combine the first seven ingredients and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk and eggs. Set aside.
- In a small pan combine honey, molasses, sugar, oil, and grated ginger. Heat on medium, stirring constantly, until sugar melts. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk egg mixture with the honey mixture, then combine with flour mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake about 25 minutes, until center of cake is barely set.
- Place pan on cooling rack. Pierce cake all over with skewer, toothpick, or raw piece of spaghetti.
- Combine topping ingredients and brush over surface of hot cake.
- Can be served with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.