We still had leftover pesto, and leftover sriracha cream from the Grilled Cheese with Pesto sandwiches, so I decided to make a pizza. When I was in Portland, I found some great organic pizza crusts. Locally, you should be able to find them at the large HEB stores. They are with all the pizza ingredients, and they are called “Flatbread,” but look exactly like a pizza crust. I’m calling this Don’s pizza, because he’s decided that I should always make them this way.
- Good quality store pizza crust, or precooked homemade
- Sriracha cream from Grilled Cheese with Pesto
- Olive tapenade (jarred)
- Thinly sliced onion
- Oven roasted tomatoes
- Pesto from Grilled Cheese with Pesto
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (I used 4 oz)
- As with most pizza recipes. The ingredients are pretty flexible. I don't really like pizza sauce, so I found a jar of oven roasted tomatoes that worked perfectly. For fresh tomatoes, slice them fairly thin, put in single layer on baking sheet, sprinkle with salt, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, then roast to get most of the moisture out of them. If you don't like olive tapenade, leave it off - you get the picture.
- Heat oven to 450.
- Smear a good layer of sriracha cream onto the crust.
- Smear the tapenade thinly over cream layer.
- Scatter with onion.
- Place tomatoes over everything.
- Dot with pesto.
- Scatter cheese over top.
- Place pepperoni on top.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until cheese melts and crust starts to brown.