These are so delicious, you won’t believe it’s not beef. It’s great that it’s so much healthier for you than chicken, pork, or beef. I can’t wait to use some of the other cuts we have. Unfortunately, I have several bags of mystery meat, so it will be interesting when I defrost it!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cooked,crumbled bacon (I use uncured - about 2 TBSP for 1 lb of meat)
- Ground deer meat
- Taco seasoning*
- Chopped green chilies
- Salt and pepper
- Taco shells or corn tortillas
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add bacon and deer meat.
- Cook and stir and break-up meat.
- Add seasoning and continue cooking to brown meat.
- Add more oil if necessary.
- When completely cooked add chilies and salt and pepper.
- Serve in tortillas with pico de gallo, lettuce, cheese, avocado, etc.
- *For taco seasoning I add generous amounts of granulated garlic powder, granulated onion powder, cumin, chili powder, and ground coriander (if I have it).