There’s only a few ways I like salmon cooked, and this recipe is near the top of my list. You could use this as an appetizer or main dish.
- Salmon, skin and gray meat removed, thinly slice
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Olive or grape seed oil
- Place salmon slices in a shallow glass dish. Scatter cilantro leaves over all. Sprinkle with lime juice, sherry, salt, and pepper. Place in fridge to marinate for about 1/2 hour.
- Pour oil to 1/4" deep in a skillet. Heat on medium high.
- Drain salmon and pat dry. Dust with cornstarch.
- Fry in oil until lightly golden on both sides.
- Serve just like it is or with tortillas and fresh cilantro. If you want a good sauce, try the taco sauce from Fish Tacos, or use the Popper Topping from Jalapeno Cornmeal Cakes.