Skip to content
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs* (more for coating before sautéing)
- 3-4 TBSP crumbled feta
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1 tsp granulated onion powder (or use finely chopped green onion)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper
- 2-3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- Mix all ingredients except oil.
- Place some panko breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Form 4 potato cakes, press both sides of cake into panko.
- Place potato cakes on plate and place in fridge, for at least 1/2 hour, to set up.
- Heat oil in skillet. Fry to golden brown on each side.
- *The amount of breadcrumbs you use will be determined by how moist your mashed potatoes are. Mine were pretty dry.