When I made these at the lodge, I used butterflied pork loin chops. Usually, I just thinly slice pieces of pork loin. The loin chops weren’t quite thin enough, so I pounded them out, then vigorously massaged a little meat tenderizer into them. This is not a recipe I do for a crowd, but we only had 3 people hunting, so it was perfect. It’s a little messy, and it takes a bit of labor, but the results are well worth it.
Crispy Dijon and Honey Pork Medallions
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive or grapeseed oil
- Thinly sliced pork loin
- In one dish, combine equal parts breadcrumbs and cheese.
- In a small bowl combine equal parts dijon and honey.
- In another dish place some flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Dush each slice of loin with flour. Then, using a pastry brush, brush both sides of dusted pork with honey/dijon mixture. Now press both sides of pork into crumb/parm mixture.
- Fry until golden on each side.
- Note: You can omit the parmesan, and it works beautifully with just the breadcrumbs.