For Cream Collards, I used Kathy’s technique for Cream Brussels Sprouts. Right now I have a lot of collards, and I’m tired of doing the same couple recipes I usually do, so this is a delicious change.
In this recipe, I used Frankly Delicious (14 oz), one of my favorite “go to” all purpose seasonings (my good friend Sally introduced me to). It’s great especially when I’m in a hurry and I want lots of flavor fast. Here’s the info again – if you shop in Gatesville, it’s available at Ranchers (254-865-5863) most of the time.
Otherwise, information about Frankly Delicious is:
Order information: http://www.popfranks.com
Contact information is Joe Franks: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2-3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 3 TBSP cooked crumbled bacon
- 2 pounds collard greens, stem removed and shredded
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 cup of cream or half and half or coconut milk
- Frankly Delicious to taste
- Smoked paprika (optional)
- Hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add crumbled bacon and cook for about a minute.
- Add shredded collards and cook until lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth and cook until broth has reduced more than half.
- Add cream, and seasoning.
- Cook for a couple minutes and serve.